We are aware that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is top of mind for our parents and drivers alike, and the Kango team wanted to share with you that while we continue to monitor the situation closely through the CDC, and to comply with state and local directives, Kango is still available for child care and transportation to support essential services.
We also realize that in situations like these, we may need to adapt the available Kango services to help do our part to best serve our communities with safety as our top priority. We are prepared to navigate these unprecedented circumstances with our families’ and drivers’ health and safety in mind, and we will continue to provide updates to you.
Our services currently continue, along with 24/7 customer support, and we thank you in advance for working with us to ensure that Kango operates as safely as possible.
- Is Kango still operating?
Yes. As a transportation company and childcare provider, Kango is still operating, within the parameters of local rules during this outbreak. In California, in accordance with the statewide "Stay at Home" order and county-specific "Shelter in place" rules, we are providing services which support essential workers and infrastructure.
- Transportation and/or deliveries of food or other essential items, to families and vulnerable populations such as seniors
- Transportation and/or deliveries for schools needing to get textbooks or school supplies to students
- Virtual homework help and tutoring, as our kids adjust to online learning. We are looking to match families with the teachers, tutors and homework helpers on our platform
- Childcare services and babysitting, in particular to assist healthcare providers who are also parents, in any way we can. Please know we’re here to help.
- What is Kango doing to avoid the spread of COVID-19?
Keeping both our drivers and our passengers safe is paramount. We continue to adhere to the guidelines below as provided by the CDC:
For Drivers and Care Providers:
- If your child is sick, please keep them home: Please do not request a ride for your child, and/or please cancel your confirmed ride if your child has cold/flu symptoms, a fever, a cough, or shortness of breath. For more information about COVID-19 symptoms, you can read the CDC information here. If symptoms get worse, call your pediatrician or healthcare provider.
- Wash hands often: Wash your hands, and have your child wash their hands, with liquid soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to disinfect your hands. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes: Use a tissue to cover your cough or sneeze and throw the tissue in the trash, then wash your hands. If you don't have a tissue within reach, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- If you are sick, please stay home: Please do not drive if you have cold/flu symptoms, a fever, a cough, or shortness of breath. For more information about COVID-19 symptoms, you can read the CDC information here. If your symptoms get worse, call your doctor. It is not a new policy at Kango that drivers should not drive passengers if they are sick, but it is even more critical now, during this outbreak.
- Clean, then disinfect your car after each ride: In particular, clean and disinfect areas that you and passengers frequently touch, like door handles (inside and outside), seat buckles, and any visible contact marks. Use disinfectant wipes or a bleach solution if appropriate for the surface material. You can read cleaning and disinfection guidelines from the CDC here.
- Wash your hands often: Wash your hands with liquid soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to disinfect your hands. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes: Use a tissue to cover your cough or sneeze and throw the tissue in the trash, then wash your hands. If you don't have a tissue within reach, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- What other services will Kango provide?
Kango is looking to match willing drivers with families in need to provide services such as grocery pickup and delivery, to-go meal deliveries, basic courier services, as well as essential child care and child transportation. While we can’t guarantee that we will always have someone available, many of our capable drivers have expressed an interest in providing these services to their communities.
- What about COVID-19 testing?
If we are informed that a passenger or driver has tested positive for COVID-19 illness, they will be temporarily suspended from using Kango until they have been medically cleared. We will also follow guidelines from local health authorities and the CDC to identify other persons who may have been affected.